Tuesday, January 17, 2012

day 156 - Bible in a year

SONG 1:1-8:14

  • 2: 4He brought me to the banqueting house, and his banner over me was love [for love waved as a protecting and comforting banner over my head when I was near him].
  •  10My beloved speaks and says to me, Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away.
  • 8:7Many waters cannot quench love, neither can floods drown it. If a man would offer all the goods of his house for love, he would be utterly scorned and despised.
  • 8:14[Joyfully the radiant bride turned to him, the one altogether lovely, the chief among ten thousand to her soul, and with unconcealed eagerness to begin her life of sweet companionship with him, she answered] Make haste, my beloved, and come quickly, like a gazelle or a young hart [and take me to our waiting home] upon the mountains of spices!

No comments:

Post a Comment