Thursday, March 29, 2012

day 229 - Bible in a year

JEREMIAH 37:11-38:28, EZEKIEL 1:1-3:15

  • Ezekiel 1:27From what had the appearance of His waist upward, I saw a lustre as it were glowing metal with the appearance of fire enclosed round about within it; and from the appearance of His waist downward, I saw as it were the appearance of fire, and there was brightness [of a halo] round about Him.
  • 28Like the appearance of the bow that is in the cloud on the day of rain, so was the appearance of the brightness round about. This was the appearance of the likeness of the glory of the Lord. And when I saw it, I fell upon my face and I heard a voice of One speaking.

    3:12Then the Spirit lifted me up, and I heard behind me a voice of a great rushing [saying], Blessed be the glory of the Lord from His place [above the firmament].

    footnote:Ezekiel 1:10 It is noteworthy that the four faces of the living creatures as here described are symbolic of "the four portraits of Jesus" as given in the four Gospels. Matthew represents our Lord as the King (the lion), Mark portrays Him as the Servant (the ox), Luke emphasizes His humanity (man), and John proclaims especially His deity (the eagle)

No comments:

Post a Comment