Tuesday, April 10, 2012

day 241 - Bible in a year

LAMENTATIONS 2:1-4:22

  •  lam 3:22It is because of the Lord's mercy and loving-kindness that we are not consumed, because His [tender] compassions fail not. 23They are new every morning; great and abundant is Your stability and faithfulness. 24The Lord is my portion or share, says my living being (my inner self); therefore will I hope in Him and wait expectantly for Him. 25The Lord is good to those who wait hopefully and expectantly for Him, to those who seek Him [inquire of and for Him and require Him by right of necessity and on the authority of God's word]. 26It is good that one should hope in and wait quietly for the salvation (the safety and ease) of the Lord. 27It is good for a man that he should bear the yoke [of divine disciplinary dealings] in his youth.

    39Why does a living man sigh [one who is still in this life's school of discipline]? [And why does] a man complain for the punishment of his sins?
        40Let us test and examine our ways, and let us return to the Lord!
        41Let us lift up our hearts and our hands [and then with them mount up in prayer] to God in heaven...


    56You heard my voice [then]: [Oh] hide not Your ear [now] at my prayer for relief.
        57You drew near on the day I called to You; You said, Fear not.
        58O Lord, You have pleaded the causes of my soul [You have managed my affairs and You have protected my person and my rights]; You have rescued and redeemed my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment