King Arthur site, I only tweaked it a bit.
- 2/3 cup (2 ounces) Dutch-process cocoa
- 1 3/4 cups (7 1/4 ounces) Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 1/4 cups (9 3/8 ounces) cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (8 ounces) coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 teaspoons vinegar
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces, 1 stick) butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a standard muffin pan with paper or silicone muffin cups, and grease the cups.
In a large measuring cup or medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, vanilla and vinegar. Add the wet ingredients, along with the melted butter, to the dry ingredients, stirring to blend; there's no need to beat these muffins, just make sure everything is well-combined.
Scoop the batter into the prepared muffin tin; the cups will be heaped with batter, and the muffin will bake into a "mushroom" shape.
Bake the muffins for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a cake tester inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean. Remove the muffins from the oven, and after 5 minutes remove them from the pan, allowing them to cool for about 15 minutes on a rack before peeling off the muffin papers or silicone cups. Yield: 12 muffins.