Thursday, March 24, 2022

God is for me

 Today's scripture focus was

 For the eyes of the Lord are [looking favorably] upon the righteous (the upright), And His ears are attentive to their prayer (eager to answer), But the face of the Lord is against those who practice evil.”

1 Peter 3:12 AMP

https://bible.com/bible/1588/1pe.3.12.AMP

Thinking about God being eager to answer my is interesting. I'm eager to answer and give my children what they want and need, so why would God do less for me? I still revert to viewing him as waiting to tell me when I've messed up, rather than waiting eagerly to give me things, talk with me and come to him with everything. He's on my side and while I know that to be true, I often don't act like it's true. 


Also loving Psalm 37, specifically these verses:

Trust [rely on and have confidence] in the Lord and do good; Dwell in the land and feed [securely] on His faithfulness. Delight yourself in the Lord, And He will give you the desires and petitions of your heart. Commit your way to the Lord; Trust in Him also and He will do it. He will make your righteousness [your pursuit of right standing with God] like the light, And your judgment like [the shining of] the noonday [sun]. Be still before the Lord; wait patiently for Him and entrust yourself to Him; Do not fret (whine, agonize) because of him who prospers in his way, Because of the man who carries out wicked schemes.

Psalms 37:3‭-‬7 AMP

https://bible.com/bible/1588/psa.37.3-7.AMP

What does it look like to day to day 'delight' in the Lord? 


And what in my life needs to change because of Jesus. I'm trying to add this back into my daily rhythm. 

Today was full of more packing. Slowly yet surely it's all getting boxed up. Excited about moving, it'll be so great! Nervous about how much utilities and internet will cost every month. But we need to move this direction and God is faithful. We'll keep being faithful to him. Can't wait for the house to purchase after the rental as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment