Monday, March 21, 2022

Seriously. Amazing. Whoa.

 So much has happened in the last few days!

I will start with Wednesday, 1 day after my last post. Wednesday I was in a pretty peaceful state after draining myself, confronting, and accusing God. It brought me to such a sweet place of peace with Him. We had three tours of prospective rentals set up on Thursday. (I do need to add here that we also saw a rental in Canby on Sunday evening and really liked it. The landlords told us they have a few other families to tour this week and they would make a final decision by Friday.) Wednesday afternoon we find out the tour at 12:30 the next day (in Fairview) is cancelled because the owner has decided to sell the home. We then decide to go to the zoo and enjoy the day. There is a tour scheduled for the evening of Thursday still.

Thursday we go to the zoo, and have a wonderful break from all the stress of finding a place to live. It was so great and needed. On the way to having dinner with my grandma (who is moving to Arizona as well), we get a text that the tour that evening has been cancelled because a tenant signed a lease that day. Oh well, I figure I'll be up late again and applying to anything new I can find.

We have dinner with my grandma. Once home, I quickly check my email, and we have an email from the Canby landlords of the house we liked saying we being offered the lease! We are all so excited - I really can't explain to amount of relief I felt. When I looked back at the timelines of the contacts, we received the text of the canceled tour at 4pm, the email offering a lease at 4:22pm, and another update from a rental in Sandy that they are processing our application. It was a great reminder of just how much God has all of this in his hands. 

I'm so excited for the home. Now it's getting through the next two weeks, moving our things out so my mom can get this house on the market. We get access to the garage on March 26th to  move most of our belongings in - so great! The big items will move on April 1st, as well as ourselves. Since this should only be a 1 to 2 year rental, I plan to not unpack everything. I'm boxing up items we don't use much/may not need in the next year and labeling well to try to keep as many things is boxes as possible, without feeling like it. When we need something, I'll open it up. I digress.

I was already convinced God would take care of everything. I now have an even firmer foundation in that. I have learned that my emotions are all valid, and God wants me to take them all to Him. None of 'I shouldn't fell this way if I am trusting God". Trusting God and all the emotions can co-exist. He gave me my emotions to lead me to Him. It's so beautiful. And I can ask for anything I want, knowing He is a good father and will either give me my desires, or show me how my desires could be shifted to line up with what He knows is best. He is so very, very good.

Psalm 37:4: Delight yourself in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment