Monday, May 2, 2022

strong when weak

 I often think of my failings, the things I can control, when I read the verse where Paul writes about God being strong in our weakness.

But I am learning that maybe he is referring more to the things we can't control about our lives - disability, illness, disorders and the like. There is something that changes in us and the environment around us when we are able to exist in and admit our weakness in these regards. When I embrace and exist in my asthma and allergies, I am free to allow God to work as I am no longer trying to control something I actually cannot control anyway. 

When I admit and live in the reality of my introversion, my mental and physical capacity for engaging with others, is God released to work in ways I block when I 'push through' and force things to work? In those instances, instead of existing I become a bulldozer of stress, anxiety and control. Is this what he has for me and those around me? I think not. Maybe this is another layer of what it means to find my rest in God alone - not what I am capable of.

No comments:

Post a Comment