Tuesday, August 16, 2011

cobbler - yum!

A blog I follow had a cobbler recipe that looked ymmy, but we currently don't have any berries. We did just get apples from Costco that I am less than impressed with (my favs are pink lady apples, and they didn't have any. We got gala; texture too soft for me) So this morning we used 4 of the to make the cobbler, and it was awesome. I even guesstimated the ingredient amounts, and it is fabulous. (I also added ground flaxseed  because I add it to almost every thing I bake - extra omegas!) Bummer my hubby is allergic to apples, as I'm sure he'd love it. Already decided to have the neighbors over and share :)

From Lynn's Kitchen Adventures:

Blueberry Cobbler

  • 4 cups blueberries
  • ½ cup sugar
  • 2 tablespoons cornstarch
  • ¾ cup brown sugar
  • ¾ cup quick cooking oats
  • ½ cup flour
  • ½ cup butter
  1. In a bowl toss blueberries with sugar and cornstarch.
  2. In a separate bowl combine brown sugar, oats, and flour. Cut in butter until mixture is crumbly.
  3. Place blueberry mixture in a 8×8 dish.
  4. Sprinkle oat,flour mixture over the top of the blueberries.
  5. Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes.
  6. Serve with ice cream or whipped cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment