Tuesday, August 16, 2011

day one - Bible in a Year

I started reading through the Bible earlier this year, but then lost the bookmark with what to read next and fizzled out. The plan I had been using seemed to jump around alot - I'm not sure if there was a specific point to the choices, maybe just to be random, but it seemed a little to discombobulated for me. So...I found a chronological Bible-in-a-year plan and am very excited to start! I am choosing the Amplified version - I like it but have never read too much in it. The site let's you change versions pretty easy, so that will be good for study and cross referencing. This is my first experience reading the Bible online - I'm wondering if I can do it this way or will switch back to my paper copy.

Anyway, day one starts in Genesis 1 and goes through 3:24
happy reading and remember this is God's story for you :)


Things I liked from today's Bible reading:

  • Genesis 1:14And God said, Let there be lights in the expanse of the heavens to separate the day from the night, and let them be signs and tokens [of God's provident care], and [to mark] seasons, days, and years, -I never considered the sun and moon being signs of God's care, but it makes sense considering how much of our world would be not ok without them. I like it and one more daily reminder of God's greatness
  • footnote: "in Genesis 2:7 The same essential chemical elements are found in man and animal life that are in the soil. This scientific fact was not known to man until recent times, but God was displaying it here." -just awesome :)
  • footnote:"in Genesis 3:22 This sentence is left unfinished, as if to hasten to avert the tragedy suggested of men living on forever in their now fallen state." -I can't even imagine what life would be like if we could live forever in our fallen state,; God couldn't even stand to say it. Thank you God for preventing this, and thank you for the hope that is You!

No comments:

Post a Comment