Friday, April 13, 2012

day 244 - Bible in a Year

EZEKIEL 34:1-36:38

  • ezekiel 34: 15I will feed My sheep and I will cause them to lie down, says the Lord God.
        16I will seek that which was lost and bring back that which has strayed, and I will bandage the hurt and the crippled and will strengthen the weak and the sick, but I will destroy the fat and the strong [who have become hardhearted and perverse]; I will feed them with judgment and punishment.

    26And I will make them and the places round about My hill a blessing, and I will cause the showers to come down in their season; there shall be showers of blessing [of good insured by God's favor].

    36: 9For behold, I am for you and I will turn to you; and you shall be tilled and sown,

     26A new heart will I give you and a new spirit will I put within you, and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh and give you a heart of flesh.
        27And I will put my Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you shall heed My ordinances and do them.
        28And you shall dwell in the land that I gave to your fathers; and you shall be My people, and I will be your God.

    footnote:Ezekiel 34:28 One day when Jesus visited the synagogue in Nazareth (Luke 4:16-21), He was handed the roll of the book of Isaiah to read aloud. He deliberately turned to Isaiah 61, which tells in its eleven verses what His coming to the world would mean. But Jesus read only a few lines of the chapter, stopping in the midst of a sentence, and said, "This day is this scripture fulfilled in your ears" (Luke 4:21 KJV). He had just read of His coming to preach the Gospel, to proclaim release to the captives [of Satan], to give sight to the blind, to set at liberty the bruised, and to proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord. But He had to stop there, for the rest of the chapter could not be fulfilled until His second coming, of which Isaiah's prophecy tells. This section before us in Ezekiel (34:24-31) is telling of the same Messianic reign of which so many Scripture passages speak, the Messianic reign for which Jesus definitely promised to return to earth. Matt 25:31-34; 24:30; Rev 1:7, 8; Luke 1:32, 33; Acts 1:10, 11


    footnote:
    1. Ezekiel 36:24 No person needs to be reminded of the startling way in which this prophecy has been in the process of fulfillment since World War II. The Jews have for centuries been dispersed among all the nations with only a few left in the homeland which lay waste and desolate. It was said that travelers in Palestine had no difficulty in recognizing the appropriateness of Ezekiel's label for the country: a "valley... full of bones" (Ezek. 37:1). But by A.D. 1960 one-sixth of the Jewish population of the world was in Palestine. Already they had been made "one nation" (Ezek. 37:22a)--between sunrise of one day and sunset of the next--"a nation born in one day" (Isa. 66:8)! But the greatest event of all is yet to come (Ezek. 37:22b-25). This prophecy will be fulfilled in its entirety.

No comments:

Post a Comment