- Put washed tomatoes in crockpot, turn it on low.
- Do whatever you need to do - piano practice with daughter, feed your son, get a bottle ready for your niece (your stuff will be different...)
- Come back later (anywhere from 3 to 5 or 6 hours) & turn crockpot off, remove lid.
- Allow tomatoes to cool a bit, spoon them into a colander & rinse lightly with cool water. Let water drain.
- Peel tomatoes, then place in jar & use a stick blender to puree. (If you don't have a stick blender you can do this step in a food processor, but then you will have more dishes to clean) :)
- Ready for the freezer (I'm sure you could also proceed with canning procedure, I just haven't canned yet)
When you want to use the sauce, heat it up in sauce pan with spices of your choice, onions, garlic, whatever you like. Enjoy!One sauce is lighter in color in the picture due to the tomato variety - a Japanese Blush tomato, I think. The dinosaurs were just fun. (if they were wanting a sample, they were disappointed.)